Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter Wonder Festival 2012

Normally I don't do News coverage of any kind. I've found since I've started this blog (and expanded my figure collection) that there are always items I want to mention, even if I don't own them (or may never own them).  I'm seeing a wonderful trend in figures lately, and I can't tell if it's because they are always improving in design and execution, or if they are just finally hitting the genres and characters I love.  This just may be my Golden age for figures (for me personally).

I've been watching news from toy conventions for quite a few years now.  Wonder Festival has always been a highlight.  I understand why a trade convention would be for media and companies alone.  This is their main selling market (Companies to order goods and media to spread hype about them to customers). 

I also wondered why they didn't have a public showing the next day.  Obviously they would have to make it limited and ticket prices would be incredible, but by offering the public a little more of a peek they could really rake in the money (Especially with their exclusives they sell at the shows, like this years snow Miku shown below).  It's why PAX gets so many visitors and why game companies show there as well normal trade conventions (like E3).  Perhaps it would be too difficult to manage and who knows how many people would camp out or bootleg tickets....and yes Miku, that is upsetting.
So the news and the images have been pouring in from everywhere, and I'm very excited about it! So I'll only be posting the ones I personally find interesting but here are links to some other wonderful blogs:

http://samshiofigure.blogspot.com/search/label/winter%20wonder%20festival%202012
http://wanabrar.com/blog/figures/winter-wonder-festival-2012-figures-line-up/
http://www.plastikitty.com/
http://www.tomopop.com/index.phtml

First Up, Figma Link! Everyone is excited for this one, and I can't wait to see paint and accessories.
Status: Maybe Purchase

Next Up from Figma, Chie and Yukiko! Also Nendo Yukiko! I do love all things persona 4 related, but I am already getting the one coins of these girls, and I wouldn't want the figma or nendo unless it's Kanji.  So my hope is for these to sell well enough to bring on Kanji (which Makers seems to fear even though his merch sells out, strange right?)

Status: Will keep an eye on sales

Jack Frost.  Too cute. Gotta buy.
Status: Will Preorder!

Next up a lovely static Princess of Crystal Himari from Goodsmile.  Giving how much her figma preorder goes for, I just know I won't be able to afford this one, but it will be lovely. (T System Kit and Nendo versions of this princess are coming too, but I still won't be able to afford those as well)
 Status: Wishlist / Maybe Purchase Nendoroid version

2011 design Racing Miku, is finally getting a static figure from Goodsmile and people are rejoicing.  I don't own any Miku figures, even though I enjoy her songs and design.  Someday maybe, this one is just a great piece.
Status: No Purchase

A Rio Bone Kanti from FLCL! Ah! And it looks awesome.  I really love this figure, it just looks perfect, but price and preorder status is going to make this one difficult for me to purchase. I'm really torn, but basically I'm just happy they made it.
Status: Maybe Purchase

Yoh Asukara from Shaman King!? This is so unexpected, but really nice! This bring me back to my Shonen Jump reading days of only a few years ago.  Basically you can't do wrong with Shonen Jump, but this does seem a little late to the party.  I hope sales go well (since I really liked the manga), and even though I'm not interested in a purchase myself.
Status: Will keep an eye on sales

Linkin Park Petit Nendoroid set. These were announced so long ago, and now we finally get to see them.  They are adorable >.>;  As much as I enjoy their music, I can't put down the money for them. I am very curious to see how they sell.  Could this mean more celebrities with nendo's in the future? Which celebrity would make a good nendo anyway?
Status: Will keep an eye on sales

Monster Hunter and Revoltech!? Hell yeah.  I do so love this figure, but not enough to commit to a preorder.  I already know it will sell like hotcakes, so Revoltech will not be missing my order.
Status: No Purchase

Another one that will sell is the delightful Alphonse! Ah, my favorite character from that series, and he does look amazing here.  I'm not enough of a fan of the series to buy him, but if I were, it would be this one.
Status: No Purchase

P.O.P. figures are always being announced, but is that an ARLONG figure!? I just started re-watching the series recently, so I'm watching Arlong be a fish dick right now.  I'm mostly surprised they are going to make him. Which makes me wonder if he will be a sold out P.O.P. or one of the sale bin ones. I think it's wonderful how the P.O.P do so well, and do seem committed to making the more obscure characters. so keep at it guys!  Maybe make a Captain Kuro to go along with "early villains you thought we forgot" eh?
Status: No Purchase

So it seems the PSG fans are finally getting what they want: more upscale figures of the girls (panty and stocking) and now the devil sisters.  (Even though they really want a second season)  Right now it's only Alter Knee socks but you know dear sister Scanty is on her way.  Knee socks is my favorite of the four, but I'm not enough of a fan to purchase her.  I just want to point out how nice her figure came out.
Status: No Purchase

Muramasa is a wonderful game that I highly recommend.  Alter has figured out that their sales with Momohime could be repeated if they continue the line with the bodacious kitsune Kongiku.  She has a great design but never really held my attention as a character.  All I remember is rushing through her dialogue so I could go back to chopping up ninjas.  Still I do want to see colors when they are complete.
Status: No Purchase

G.E.M. Kotetsu looks amazing! Being one of my favorites I would love to get my hands on one of these.  If I did though, I would give it to my best bud Lechau, the superior Kotetsu fan.  I know Lechau is going to purchase him, but I'm ok with him living on my wishlist of dream figures.  Now if only they had a figure of fabulous Nathan (Fire Emblem) teasing a blushing Antonio (Rock Bison) .....hmmmmm....why isn't there a company that makes pairing figures anyway? I'm not saying it's a good idea, just that it would make a LOT of money.
Status: Wishlist

Now this! THIS! I do very much want.  Bundled with the Dvd or Blu ray of the series and one of my favorite Black rock shooter designs!? I totally want this. Animation Version Insanity Black Rock shooter figma.  I must sell an organ or two for it, but if I can't or if I miss the preorder, it will go onto that dreamy wishlist of mine.

Status: Will Preorder! or Wishlist

So! That's all for now folks.  If something more fantastic comes onto the scene, I'll make a new post.  Otherwise it'll be time for me to go back to my reviews.  I have a couple of art books and some new figures coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment