Monday, November 19, 2012

Pokemon Cards: DayBreak Deck

I should explain something, pokemon cards are my cigarettes; I say I've quit cold turkey, but every once in a while I pick up a pack for old times sake.  Well, actually though, I still really love them, I like to seeing the new visual interpretations of pokemon and their new card stats.  Yes, I am that much of a nerd.  I used to play/trade for my cards when I was younger, but now I just buy whatever pack or deck appeals to me at the moment.

I picked up the HGSS Undaunted DayBreak Deck for 10 bucks.  Mostly I was sold on the price and the Espeon Holo card that came with it.  Everything Else was just icing for me.  Here is a rundown of what is in this 60 card deck for anyone interested, but just know it is a psychic/grass themed deck:

- 1 Metallic coin
- 1 Rulebook/Cardlist
- 1 Player Play mat
- Damage Counters
- 1 Bonus Pokemon Undaunted Booster Pack

Complete Pokemon Card List of cards included in this deck:
    Espeon X2 (1 special holo, 1 non holo)
    Eevee X4
    Bellossom X1
    Gloom X2
    Oddish X2
    Dodrio X1
    Doduo X2
    Muk X2
    Grimer X2
    Togekiss X1
    Togetic X2
    Togepi X2
    Raticate X2
    Rattata X2
    Scyther X2
    Energy Exchanger X2
    Interviewer's Questions X2
    Life Herb X2
    Poke Ball X2
    Ruins of Alph X1
    Sage's Training X2
    Team Rocket's Trickery X2
    Grass Energy X10
    Psychic Energy X8

Here is everything as you open up the deck.  Everything is actually held in place with a plastic tray so nothing is bent or shaken.  So it's all very nice and new, I love the pokemon coin I got with this one.
 It's nice to get the theme decks that come with a free booster pack  It's a nice way to round out the chances of new cards.  I love the artwork of the box and the booster pack.  They are dynamic and eye catching. Th holographic card is a real stunner, although I think I would prefer the deck box art as a holographic card.  I'm pleased to have both.
When I get a chance, I'll brush up on the rules, since I got a nice rule book with this one, also the new deck come with damage counters, which I would've loved as a kid. 
Onto the cards!  I pulled my favorites out of the deck.  I'm very pleased with the selection in this deck.  Although the draw back is duplicates, I'm too distracted by the adorable togekiss card.
I enjoy the trainer cards as well, so I'm always pleased to add new ones into my collection.I would love to hear the story on those rocket dudes in that top supporter card.
 With the bonus booster card pack I got a really good haul! 9 new cards including a reverse holo! awesome
The last thing is the plat mat... which is fine I guess.  It's not the best looking mat I've seen, but then again I played without one ten years ago, so they really aren't my thing.  Mostly I just wanted to show people what they are getting along with the deck.
That is it for this one! If I pick up anymore packs/decks, I'll try to post them up as well, otherwise it's back to books and figures. 

1 comment: