Friday, December 23, 2011

Motochika aka Aniki!

My last post about Aegis failed to mention another figure that I bought with her.  Since shipping from amiami can be on the pricey side, it made sense to get another figure as well.  I checked the sales and found a the one Sengoku Basara character I wanted for myself: Motochika Chousokabe.  Here is a look at my random purchase of Revoltech's Sengoku Basara Motochika Chousokabe:

The box and the packaging are standard for Revoltech.  Not much to say, other than this is how the box should look if any one is concerned with that. I have another coin and parts box to go along with the Layton ones.


Fresh out of the box is the figure that has everything I love: a pirate samurai thug. He is really well sculpted and painted.  I've been getting a lot of recent figures with really good paint lately.  The best details are on his armored parts.  The most range can be found in his knee, ankle and elbow joints.  Plus he has the Revoltech hands that I find so expressive. His best accessory is the anchor weapon with bendable chain. 

Here are the Side and Back Views.  He really is ready for battle at any angle.  I guess the parts that are odd about Motochika mainly have to do with his hair and this back cape.  I've heard people were really bothered with his hair on this sculpt, but while being a little too metallic looking, it isn't bad.  I more wonder why his eye patch doesn't go around properly.  This was a choice made to make change the faces out easier (he has the blank expression and the smirk) but I think Revoltech could've pulled it off better. It wasn't a deal breaker for me. 

That bottom cape though! I almost just glued the thing on because of how often it falls off.  The rest of this parts move well (some too stiff compared to layton) but that cape is just annoying.  I love how it was modeled and really adds to his appearence, so I want to have it on. Since that is the only thing I take issue with, then overall it is a really well jointed Revoltech.

Balancing is a little difficult, but ultimately not bad at all!  Motochika has quite a variety to his poses and can achieve some crazy bends while hold such a large weapon.  I enjoy the little action bases that Revoltech uses, because there is no distracting pole or base.  This figure is even strong enough to balance while the chain is toppling over the edge of a shelf.  Too cool.
This is where Motochika stays in my room.  I can't help but enjoy that smirk and thumbs up.  I recommend him to anyone who is a fan of the character. He is on sale right now on amiami, which is great after the revamp the site has done recently.  I'm very much pleased with this purchase. And boy what an odd duo Aegis and Motochika make, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment