Sunday, January 26, 2014

One Piece Miracle Battle Carddass: Part 16 Kyoto Domei Booster Box

Yikes what a long title! I recently received a very cool box and since my last post about cards seemed well received here is another one.  Here is a review of my most recently acquired One Piece booster box, the Toriko cross One Piece:

First off, the box is lovely! These boxes are always brightly colored and have attractive lettering/kanji.  I imagine these would be easy to spot in a card/comic shop.  I also wanted to feature this box because it is still up for sale on amiami.com for 2,940 JPY (30 bucks USD) which is rare, as these booster boxes sell out really fast!
I have a feeling this box scares people who are either only into One Piece or only into Toriko. I will say if you are buying this box for Toriko cards....you will be disappointed.  only the uncommons (and a couple more rare cards) are Toriko cards, so all in all a person would pull mostly One Piece cards.

I'm not gonna lie, I bought this box because of the omega rare options.  Ace, Boa Hancock, Shanks or Doflamingo!?  Yep, I had to try my luck on getting one of these cards.  It's rare to have so many of my favorites as omega options. Plus Boa Hancock's purple card and Doflamingo's pink card are visually stunning.
 More box shots.  I really like the separator with the character art from the box on it as well.
Previously I neglected to show what opening a pack looks like.  Actually a lot of people do pack openings on youtube, and they are fun to watch.  I recommend taking a look sometime if anyone is interested (most are in Japanese or French).
Packs will consist of 1 rare/super rare/ booster rare/omega card, 2 uncommons, 5 common cards, and a cardlist card.  This one has the next box advertised on the back, the Jump stars booster box! Like I said before these boxes have usually 1 Omega rare and 2 boster rares (miracle rares in older boxes).  It makes completing sets like these very difficult.Time to look at my rares for this box:


......





......!
I couldn't ask for better cards! I have my all time wanted Doflamingo card!  Plus Flower Vista and Trafalgar Law? Too cool.  I'm really digging the new foil on these cards too, they catch the light better than previous sets.  I really like my super rares (below) baby 5!
Here are some of the cooler rares and the Toriko cards.  I enjoy Toriko as well, so it's nice to have these in my collection.  Toriko and Sunny look particularly good to me.
Seasoned Collectors of these card will notice the changes on them.  Like the new booster rares vs. miracle rares, the cards have new foils, larger corner numbers and even English writing denoting character cards, action cards, support cards, and dramatic cards.  Nice changes over all, and I think I'll be opening more of these boxes in the future.  That's all for now, and thanks to anyone who is still following my humble blog.

1 comment:

  1. Well I truly enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. It is very interesting to visit your blog…Thanks a lot once again.
    packers and movers in hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete