Saturday, May 12, 2012

Figuarts Zero: Donquiote Doflamingo

This should've been posted last friday, but I had camera troubles.  So it's late but it's worth it, because I could properly shoot the wonderful Doflamingo!
I said in an earlier post that Doflamingo was the figure that made me interested in the figuarts zero line.  Also it's the reason why so many of my collecting posts have been one piece figuarts zero figures lately.  The box is very pink and fantastic, just like the man himself.
 Right out of the box, he is wonderful.  His pose, his coat, his hands-it's very expressive.
 Another lovely fact about this figure is how beautiful the pose is from so many angles.
I feel like the coat details are spot on with the color, the size, and the overall shape.  It seems like it has weight while keeping a lightness of the material.
Again the base is standard, with his jolly roger, name, and wanted poster theme.  This base also come with a clear support pole to help hold up the figure.  Honestly, it's not necessary.  He fit so tight onto his base that there is no fear in him falling over.  He can't stand without the base given his size and the placement of his feet.  I use the pole since I have it and the hole in the base is a little distracting otherwise.
 His expression is really well sculpted, and overall the figure is well painted.  Mine doesn't have any bleed or missed portions.
 One flaw to the figure (though I'm not bothered) are the seems in the coat.  I've heard a lot of people complaining about it but I find them well hidden, and look more like seems you would see in large coats anyway.
Just a shot of the hand, because having a figure in the middle of his moves is really nice.  Doflamingo has such interesting hand poses when using his puppet string (seeming) powers.
 The alternate head has his hilarious maniacal laugh expression.  I do love my foes flashy.
 It's difficult to keep him in the boarders of my pictures with his crazy wingspan.
I really enjoy how nice this face looks even in profile, it's a top notch sculpt.

Basically I do love this figure and look forward to many many many more figuarts zero figures in the future.  They seem to really be gaining in popularity as of late and are becoming difficult to obtain - just like the P.O.P.'s these days.  Doflamingo is still available on all the usual sites (amiami, hobbylink japan, mandarake, etc etc) and he's a great deal for the price.

More posts in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I usually read different blogs, but you share nice post here. It is good to visit your blog. Thanks for sharing. .
    corporate relocation services.

    ReplyDelete