Thursday, May 17, 2012

Figuarts Zero: Strong World Edition Shanks

I know I know I know.  So many One Piece Figuarts Zero figures lately, but this is my last one until my Smoker comes in, which I am excited for as well.   This one was a random pickup from ebay for a price on the cheap.  Totally worth it. Again, only buy ones with a photo of the box with the toei sticker, because so many on there are bootlegs which are terrible.  Onward to the amazing Shanks figure I was able to pickup.
Bottom line: I love this figure.  It has spot of details and paint.  The sculpt is beautiful and does true justice to the lovely Captain Shanks.  Also bonus points for being one of the best figures with sunglasses. Just take a look at these details:
The best view is still the front, but Shanks has a great profile as well.
Would love to have that Gun.
Again, expert sculpting on the jacket, and a great view of the gradient on Shanks' red hair.
Normally I wouldn't think of my collection as having so many figures in black, but the way this line handles black clothing makes it fine in my view.  The buttons and creases are again fantastic, and really makes the figure.
Closeup of the weapon.
The alternate head basically is the same stern expression minus the glasses, but I'm really glad they provided it, because I love how they handled his eyes.
The base is standard, but being an older Figuarts Zero, it has the oval base, which (for no real reason) I don't like as much as the smaller rectangular bases the figures have now.  It doesn't take up as much room as I feared, so it isn't a deal breaker by any means.
A wonderful edition, that is a little harder to find (being older) but still around on ebay, amazon, and more online stores of that kind.  If you like this edition of Shanks, it's a cheaper alternative to the P.O.P but still really well done.

I'll be moving soon, so my posts might be shorter and/or random as far as my schedule goes.  I still have many more to photograph and ramble on about.  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I usually read different blogs, but you share nice post here. It is good to visit your blog. Thanks for sharing. .
    corporate relocation services.

    ReplyDelete