Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Figuarts Zero: Perhona

Happy Halloween Figure Fans! Turn your flashlights over to my newest figure One Piece Figuarts Zero Perhona! Horo horo horo:
I'm starting off with a full shot of the figure and the base shot since this is a pre-owned Perhona with a very mangled box.  There is still something really entertaining to me about getting the mangled box with the figure since it still had it's toei sticker on it.  But lets get back to the figure.
The base is, again, the standard for figuarts zero, with the really neat thriller bark jolly roger on it and name/quote/dead or alive. The 'h' in perhona's name threw me for a loop, but if I could get used to 'cobby' then this is fine by me.
Perhona is one of those characters that grew on me more and more over time, so once I saw her timeskip outfit I really wanted a figure of it.  This figure delivers a wonderful rendition of this new design right down to the details, frills, and the accessories. 
 The turn in her posture and flow of her dress make her interesting from all angles. I really love the back shot with all the curls in her ever growing hair.
Let's move onto the reason this figure is extra special, her accessories.  I've always liked her olive oil boots, and they look wonderful on this figure.  You can also see the cute little curly umbrella handle of her ever present parasol.
 My favorite part of this figure is the negative hollows.  Possibly one of the cutest ghost designs I've seen.  I really like the way they are represented in this figure because they have that semi-transparent look. They actually shoot out of Perhona's body, like in the manga/anime, and don't have separate stands. The weak point is these little clear stands are included to help support them, but because they aren't necessary they leave this hollow with what looks like a belly button. (Since he is on the side of the figure it's easy to ignore) 
Perhona's parasol and new hat are really well sculpted, and are actually secured together so you can't risk losing either.  Alas,  this also means you can't remove them is you wished, but she is a static figure.  She is complete with her Kumashi plush in arm. Really she is a nice addition to my every growing OP zeros, and if you enjoy her character or design or both, then hop on grabbing one for yourself right away!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, very informative. It is nice to visit your and you really provide interesting post. Thanks for sharing…
    packing and moving in Ahmedabad.

    ReplyDelete