Monday, November 14, 2011

My weakness: Gaming Figurines

I identify as a "gamer" the same way I do as a general "nerd," so nothing brings me great pleasure quite like video game figurines.  While looking for something to post this week (I've been away for work and oni-con) I noticed a majority of my figures are video game related.  So the best way to start off these entries would be with the figurine that stays right by my desk: Revoltech Professor Layton (Kogepan get outta there) 

Layton was a game I picked up about a year after it's release (Professor Layton and the Curious Village).  After finally picking it up used, I was hooked. (So good that I pre-ordered/will preorder following titles)  It's rare these days to find a game with the degree of intelligence and charm that the Layton world possess.  Revoltech responded with a figure that embodied the Professor to an astounding degree.  I simply had to have him, and my best friend actually got him for me as a birthday gift. (I was so moved!)

So here are standard shots of the box and pieces, but he's so popular you can find these online everywhere:


Generally I shy away from figures with joints.  The joints can be unsightly and difficult to manipulate, or worse, break from wear and tear.  Revoltech seems to understand these concerns (at least from most reviews I've read) and does nice work hiding most and making their figures easy to pose.  I find the same with figma, but I digress.... Since I keep Layton close I change his pose once a month. Sometimes with new accessories, or switching out the variety he already comes with.  Do a google search of revoltech Layton. Seriously.  People have given him some fantastic poses and even alterations.  Here's my few to add to the growing number of Layton internet photos:



The hands are maybe his most expressive part, since they can hold objects and turn in multiple directions.  I actually look forward to getting more Revoltech figures and switching parts with Layton. It seems to work well haha.

Basically the bottom line is Revoltech Professor Layton is well painted (no missed sections or bleeding anywhere), well formed, and easily one of my more entertaining figurines in my personal collection. Highly recommended!

As for how to get your own Layton? It's difficult since a lot of figurine stores are sold out of him, you can still snag one at amazon ---> http://www.amazon.com/Revoltech-Professor-Layton-Figure-086/dp/B003479MIW/ref=sr_1_80?ie=UTF8&qid=1321306542&sr=8-80

Or try your luck on ebay, which isn't impossible, but beware, fakes are notorious on there.  I don't recommend waiting for your local anime convention for him though, the last few I attended didn't have him.  Keep a lookout though, he would be a great deal without shipping charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment