Friday, December 16, 2011

The King, King Kazma

I don't have much to say to start this entry off.  Only that I have quite a love for Summer Wars.  I really enjoyed Madhouse's The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so when Summer Wars was announced I was excited.  They surpassed my expectation and it holds a special spot among my DVDs.  King Kazma was a standout character to me, and I couldn't be more pleased with the figma representation.  Rarely do the chracters I love get figures, so this was an automatic must get. Here is Max Factory's King Kazma figma:


These are the shots of how I typically pose Kazuma.  I love the flag they included in the parts, so I can't help but always have it out.  It's large, beautifully painted and designed (it has ripples like fabric).  Pus Kazuma has string enough joints that he can really whip it around in any direction.



As with any figma, he is extremly posable.  I have to admit, I initially had trouble with the hole and peg in his back for the stand.  There was a chuck of plastic that was prohibiting the peg to work, making it impossible to use the stand.  Luckily a sharp exacto knife got it out and everything works fine.  Thus leaping and running moves are possible now.  He also comes with a alternate hand sets, and angry face (which I prefer not to use so I didn't film it, maybe next time), and a tiny Kenji Avatar (such a great bonus).

The other great part? Kazma can actually balance without the stand.  This shows great design when a figure can do this.  As my first figma, I must say I really dig what they do for posable figures.  After having spent time with Kazma, jointed figures don't bother me like they used too.  Thats quite a drastic change for me!  Honestly this is a really popular figure, so finding it in online shops and in reviews is very easy.  If this entry has peaked your interest, take a look around the internet for one of your own. 

I'll be posting again soon, with new things, as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment