Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Short Post with Short Figures

I promise future posts will have more variety of nerd merch, but I'm still on a figure kick.  Specifically Monster Hunter figures.  These are the typical airuo and I was lucky enough to get no repeats.  I wanted a little trio (I like groups of figures) and each has a specific color scheme and expression, so I'm pleased with the variety in these random boxes.
This is the box for the 1st series of Airuo by capcom, and basically they are really noticible at conventions.  They show the variety of the figures, and even tease at a mystery one (which is really cute by the way). As for my three:

Like I said, I ended up with a nice variety.  My favorite is the white one, but the other two are so pleasent that I really can't deny their charms either.  Now these do tend to go between nine and twelve dollars per random box.  It's a lot for a figure thats slightly over an inch tall.  If the size turns you off, then I don't recommend them.  If you do however want a really detailed miniature, with expressive faces and well sculpted details, I don't know of any other minis that are this nice.  For such a small size, they really pack a lot in their accesories, the terrain base, and the extra elements.  The flower alone on angry airuo is amazing.  Plus these are really easy to keep out.  Mine stay by a lamp in my room and fit into the scenery rather well:
Would I consider getting more of these in the future? Yes.  The second series is out and has even more variety (more costumes and colors) so I may just wait for one of those at the next convention. For now I'll settle for the ones I have.  Nerd awaaay~

No comments:

Post a Comment