Thursday, January 12, 2012

Plex D.P.C.F. Three Musketeers Roronoa Zoro

No catchy title tonight, just a big figure.  Plex is muscling up next to the P.O.P line when it comes to the One Piece figures.  Both are wonderful, and both are expensive.  I came across someone selling second hand the figure of the one Zoro I really wanted when it was announced.  So here is Plex D.P.C.F. Three Musketeers Roronoa Zoro 1/7 scale (a little over 9 inches tall!):
Zoro has many figures (all looking good) but the Musketeer line has him in the leather jacket/badass pose I find myself loving more and more. I must have a thing for tough guys with good hearts. (Who else is waiting for that Persona 4 Kanji figure to release?) Ok, the light is harsh in this shot so here are details:


The face and hair sculpt are excellent.  It really looks like the Zoro we know from One Piece (artstyle and attitude.)  You can see scuffs on the rifle. I know that comes from the previous owner and the post office smashing the box he was shipped in.  Paint scuffs like this are easy to fix, so I'm not bothered.  I read in many reviews Zoro figures that come new from Plex have excellent paint, so it's not an issue.

Firearm details: Some slight paint misses, but also easy to fix.  The molding on the guns are wonderful. It's nice that the rifle has a scope and the pistol in hand is actually cocked.  The guns were shipped off figure, and fitting them into their respective slots was difficult, but rewarding.



These are shots of the clothing details: like the jackets, zippers, belts, pants and shoes. I love the work on all the metallic features; they stand out nicely against the black. Buttons are well covered, and the loop for the third pistol even unhooks to allow the gun to slide out.
Base shot (he slid into his pegs nicely). Oh and I should mention, the dust collects like crazy on this guy. You do need the base though, he does topple over without it.  It's basic but I do love the hexagon shape/lettering on it.

Final thoughts? A worthy buy.  Plex does an amazing job, and I hear the others they have completed are also top notch.  Sadly Zoro is the only one who interests me, so I probably won't be picking up the other musketeers in this set.  Perhaps a P.O.P will catch my eye in the future so I can compare, but not right now. I'm going to save my money for the next punk in black that catches my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment