Sunday, October 27, 2013

Figuarts Zero: Magellan

So who is this imposing figure?  None other than the hard working Impel Down warden Magellan!
So I was late in picking up this figure, but WOW am I glad I did.  First up is the cool box.  I love it.
He looks really good with Sadie and Hannibal, so I may pick these up in the future.  Impel down was a really great arc.  Anyway, the box is really tall (as is Magellan0 so the shipping was a little high.
Again the boxes are typical Figuarts Zero boxes and his base is like the rest of the set, just large scale.
 I had heard a lot of online stories of the paint being off and especially the paintwork on his face.  It initially made me worried to get him, but after consideration I had to include him in my collection simply because of his Hydra being included in this figure. 
Not only are the Hydra heads amazingly detailed and really resemble the design in the manga/anime but my Magellan came with a perfect visage.  I personally love the little details on the collar and cap.
The buttons and the creases on his coat really give nice details to the figure.  Also his little feet have always entertained me.  He has a nice mix of shine and matte paintwork as well.
Seeing the venom dripping from his fingers is a lovely addition.  I can usually trust figuarts zero to include something interesting with their figures, even when they can't include alternate parts.
He also comes along with this transparent piece to help him stand without the base.  Some people use these with their bases and I suggest it since he is so heavy and may someday have lean issues.  He can still stand on the base without it included though.
As imposing as he is, size wise he isn't really in scale with the other figures.  Magellan is supposed to be the height of "3 men" but is merely just large figure wise.  Gekko Moria has the same issue in the FAZ line, but as long as you enjoy the character/figure this is an issue that can be forgiven.  Here he is next to Luffy for anyone curious!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice post. Your post is expressing what I actually wanted to know, thanks for sharing…
    movers and packers in hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete