Sunday, October 13, 2013

Taito Prize Figure: Tatsumi Kanji and Shirogane Naoto

It's persona time again, this time with Taito's Persona 4 Arena prize figures!  It's a fact that I like a good prize figure and I love some Persona 4 Kanji and Naoto merch, so naturally I had to pick these up.  I preordered the pair for 30 some dollars and then completely forgot about them until they showed up at my house a couple of months ago.  It's finally time to open these up and see what we have going on:

First up is a quick look at the boxes.  Not too shabby, simple Persona 4 Arena design with photos figures on the outside parts. Also, for whatever reason, the Atlus sticker is on the bottom of these boxes, so that makes it difficult for purchasing online on ebay or something like that.
First up Kanji!  I love this guy, he is one of my top ten all time favorite characters, and this figure would be a knockout of him if it didn't have so many tiny problems!  Now he is a nice figure, he fills up the space on the base, he has a nice action pose, and the painting on his clothes is ideal.
 My major issues with this one have to do with his hair and his chair.  The hair seams are far to noticeable and the paint is blotched on the front! noooo....  I'm happy to report in other comments and reviews they didn't have this blotch problem, but it's pretty bad on mine.  As far as the chair goes, it is well done and a neat addition, but when in his hands it looks more like he is resting it on his head than being threatening with it.  I'm not sure if this is a warping issue or if I just got a bad draw on him.  Otherwise, man I really dig this figure, the flowing coat especially. 
I'm happy to report that the chair can fit in a variety of ways, so it's been fun to play around with that.  I gotta say... I know yellow is the color of Persona 4 through and through but I'm not feeling the base on these.  They are a little too large and a little too plastic looking for my taste.  Again, for a 15 dollar figure, he is still considered a good figure (not the best, but not the worst either) in my book.
Up next is the detective, who looks surprisingly well done.  The oddest parts however have to do with paintwork.  The stripes on the hat, the lines/buttons on the coat, the handgun; they all have a bit of a fuzzy feel to them.  A little sloppy.  Truly odd considering how dead on the pants are compared to the rest of the outfit.  Still no major complaints, Naoto is a lovely addition to have with Kanji. (I wasn't even planning on getting this one; it was a choice on a whim!)
 I dig the shoes and the outstretched hand in the back, they are nice details for a prize figure.
All in all that's the scoop!  I'm pleased pretty much with these (wish Kanji had better hair, but it's ok)  I suggest if anyone out there wants to pick these up, don't spend more than 20 bucks on either of them.  It's nice that prize figures fill the role of providing fans with the less popular characters, but these are prize figures through and through.  I've had really amazing luck with some prize figures and way less quality with others.  Look online for more images of these two that are not promotional shots before making a choice.  For now I need to find a spot on my shelf for these two.  I'm out!

2 comments:

  1. Really nice post. Your post is expressing what I actually wanted to know, thanks for sharing…
    movers and packers in hyderabad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Where did you buy the figures from?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete