Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Figuarts Zero: Coby and Helmeppo

Here is a follow up to my last Figuarts Zero review, this time with the beloved misfits Coby (or Kobi, Koby, and uhhh Cobby)and Helmeppo from One Piece.  What I enjoy most is the growth these two characters experience throughout the series, and that figures of them came out.
This is normally how I keep the pair displayed, since they are small when alone on their bases (and I'm losing a lot of space for my figures lately). 
They have a Marine themed box that looks clean.  I think it would be really cool to display them with the admirals like on the back photo.  Here they are one on one:
Alternate parts for these guys are really quite nice.  Coby has his salute arm/determined face and Helmeppo comes with his crossed arms/smug face.
Their bases, in contrast to the pirates, have a Marine theme instead of "Dead or Alive" which makes sense.  They also have perfectly polished shoes for the Marine Officers.  They fit nice and snug into the bases without trouble.  Although I'm still getting used to seeing "COBBY" instead of Coby on that base.
Whats interesting is the pair fits really well together on either base (pegs and holes being basically the same size on their bases/shoes).  I found Helmeppo fit better on left side here.
What really makes these guys standout (and makes me more interested in the Figuarts Zero line) is the level of detail in the sculpt: The folds in their clothes, the positioning of their arms, details in the hair and accessories, and the paint work.  The stripes and the emblems on them are prominent and clean.  Plus, maybe it's just the adorable bashful expression Coby has, which is possibly the sweetest face on all of my figures so far.
 I really enjoy Helmeppo's Kukri swords.  They look wicked when they are out, but even their sheaths look just like their designs.  They even have tiny rivets and sword handles sparkling in silver paint.  All the parts are made with high quality and fit easily into the figures.
You can recreate them as seen on the box as well.  This is easy to do since they can stand on their own off of the bases.
 Coby has such a good nature to be able to deal with the moody, but well meaning Helmeppo.
So yes! Another Figuarts Zero that is really a treat.  I do recommend them to anyone who is a fan of the One Piece Marines, or just these two in general. 
They are easy to find (rare for One piece Figuarts Zero) on sites like amiami, hobbylink japan, toyslogic etc, etc.  Most people tend to be interested in the Mugiwaras, but I have a fondness for side characters in One Piece and was really pleased to see that these two were made.  Thus I had to have them.  Should Figuarts Zero make a Garp I may have to pick him up....Figuarts Zero Crocodile and Doflamingo reviews are coming up soon, and later on I'll be getting Smoker and battle version Zoro.



1 comment:

  1. I usually read different blogs, but you share nice post here. It is good to visit your blog. Thanks for sharing. .
    home relocation services.

    ReplyDelete